Indoor Week Day Mass Schedule:
- Monday — No Mass
- 8:30 a.m. — Tuesday through Friday
Indoor Weekend Mass Schedule: beginning February 20/21
Until further notice, seating and attendance of indoor Mass at St. Thomas the Apostle Church is limited to 70 people per Mass (25% maximum capacity) in order to maintain safe social distancing. You can now livestream STAP Sunday 10:30 a.m. Mass by clicking HERE.
- 5:30 p.m. — English
- 7:00 p.m. — Español
- 8:15 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m.
- 12:30 p.m. — St. Anthony (Challenge)
Please observe the following regarding indoor/outdoor Masses:
- Masses at St. Anthony will be held indoors.
- Outdoor Masses at St. Thomas will be held in the Grotto. This is the area between the Church and Community Center, *weather permitting
- The use of face coverings are still REQUIRED for all attending indoor/outdoor Mass and MUST be worn the whole time (with the exception for children under two years of age). This is a directive from the Diocese of Sacramento.
- If you plan to attend Mass, please arrive about 15 minutes early to sign in. The purpose of signing in to Mass, is so the Butte County and Yuba County Health Departments can contact you if another parishioner tests positive for COVID-19.
- Physical Distancing MUST be observed the entire celebration of the Mass, even outdoors.
- Ushers will assist in checking parishioners into the church and in finding seats in the pews that allow for social distancing.
- Those receiving the Eucharist are asked to receive on the hand rather than the tongue. After you receive, please step aside before consuming.
- The offertory, bread and wine, will remain on the offertory table, at least for now. The offertory collection will be collected as normal by the Ushers. Online giving through the STAP website is encouraged.
- At this time Missalettes have been removed. The full text readings for Sunday can be found in the bulletin or on the STAP website (www.orovilleatholic.org/bulletin). You may also purchase a Missalette in English or Spanish at the Parish Office (limited quantities).
- Ushers will be excusing by rows following Mass to help maintain social distancing.
- Still in effect: As of February 6, 2020 Bishop Soto has stated the following: “Congregational chanting or singing remains suspended …” This is in effect whether Mass is held indoors or outdoors.
- Father Godwin will suspend greeting parishioners after Mass for now, to keep himself and you safe.
- If you are aged 65 or over, have health conditions which might make you more vulnerable to infectious illness (such as diabetes, a history of cancer, or heart disease), or have any hint of illness, it is recommended that you refrain from coming to Mass for now. Each person should make a prudent decision considering their own health. You can now livestream the STAP Sunday 10:30 a.m. Mass by clicking HERE. —
- *If it is drizzling/raining/snowing outdoor Mass is suspended for that particular hour/day
Our goal is to keep everyone safe, so that the Church can serve the needs of the Body of Christ, without risking the health of you or your neighbors. It is our hope that as we find solutions to this current pandemic, we can ease some restrictions and come together in fuller community.