Week Day Mass Schedule: (St. Thomas)
- Monday — No Mass
- 8:30 a.m. — Tuesday through Friday
Weekend Mass Schedule:
5:30 p.m.Due to weather issues this Mass is cancelled until further notice.
- 7:00 p.m. — Español
- 8:15 a.m. — English
- 10:30 a.m. — English
- 12:30 p.m. — St. Anthony (Challenge)
Due to rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in Butte County and Yuba County, Govenor Gavin Newsom has placed Butte and Yuba counties on the State of California County Monitoring List. For that reason indoor church services have been suspended. Until further notice Mass will be held outdoors. Bishop Jaime Soto urges the parishes “…to cooperate with State and local public health officials.”
Please observe the following regarding for outdoor Masses:
- Masses at St. Thomas will be held in the Grotto. This is the area between the Church and Community Center.
- Masses at St. Anthony will be held in the area behind the church.
- The use of face coverings are still REQUIRED for all attending outdoor Mass and MUST be worn the whole time (with the exception for children under two years of age). This is a directive from the Diocese of Sacramento.
- If you plan to attend Mass, please arrive about 15 minutes early to sign in. The purpose of signing in to Mass, is so the Butte County and Yuba County Health Departments can contact you if another parishioner tests positive for COVID-19.
- Physical Distancing MUST be observed the entire celebration of the Mass, even outdoors. Limited seating will be available. You may bring your own seating if you wish.
- Those receiving the Eucharist are asked to receive on the hand rather than the tongue. After you receive, please step aside before consuming.
- The offertory and collections during Mass will be suspended for now. There will be a receptacle (basket) for attendees to place their offering. Online giving through the STAP website is encouraged.
- Missalettes will NOT be available for use. The full text readings for Sunday can be found in the bulletin or on the STAP website (www.orovilleatholic.org/bulletin)
- As of July 3, 2020 Bishop Soto has stated the following: “With regards to singing or chanting, mindful of the vulnerable and for greater peace of mind of the Faithful, please discontinue any singing at Mass.” This is still in effect whether Mass is held indoors or outdoors.
- Father Godwin will suspend greeting parishioners after Mass for now, to keep himself and you safe.
- If you are aged 65 or over, have health conditions which might make you more vulnerable to infectious illness (such as diabetes, a history of cancer, or heart disease), or have any hint of illness, it is recommended that you refrain from coming to Mass for now. Each person should make a prudent decision considering their own health.
Our goal is to keep everyone safe, so that the Church can serve the needs of the Body of Christ, without risking the health of you or your neighbors. It is our hope that as we find solutions to this current pandemic, we can ease some restrictions and come together in fuller community.