Welcome to Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church and Parish School in Oroville California, and our mission church Saint Anthony of Padua in Challenge California. We have been serving the Greater Oroville area since 1857, becoming part of the Diocese of Sacramento in 1886. We are glad you are here.
Links to 2021 Confirmation and First Communion pictures can be located under the Photo Gallery Tab.
Indoor/Outdoor Mass Schedules for St. Thomas the Apostle Church and St. Anthony Church: click HERE (05/04/2021)
- If STAP Church is full, there are NOW 2 ADDITIONAL OPTIONS available for overflow participation in the Mass:
- Tune your vehicle radio to 98.3FM if you are within 1,000 feet of the church OR View a livestream Sunday Mass via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/saintthomasbulletinoroville)
- Holy Communion will be offered by a Eucharistic Minister at the appropriate time under the eaves of the Community Center to those who are waiting in the overflow. Limited overflow seating will be available in the Community Center.
Masses and other Resources:
- Masses can be found on: STAP in Oroville Livestream Mass, click HERE OR Our Divine Savior in Chico, click HERE OR Bishop Robert Barron, click HERE OR OLA Cathedral, click HERE. OR Sacramento Cathedral Livestream Mass, click HERE. Sunday Mass may be found on EWTN, click HERE.
- Tune your vehicle radio to 98.3FM for STAP Mass (if you are within 1,000 feet of the church)
- Spiritual Communion Prayer/Oracion de Communion Espirtual
- My Catholic Life! prayer resource, click HERE.
- Butte County COVID-19 Vaccine Registration Information (click HERE)
Diocese Policies Regarding COVID-19: Click HERE to read Bishop Soto’s policies/decrees regarding the Coronavirus.
MISSION STATEMENT: Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we the church answer the call of Christ to be a visible sign of His presence by participating in: Scripture and Sacraments, Worship and Prayer, Spiritual and Academic Education, Evangelization and Witnessing, Service and Charity, Fellowship and Community. Through our words and actions with our universal community of believers, we strive to share the love of God and the greater Oroville community and throughout the world.